Sunday, March 22, 2015

Stomach Issues on the Run

So last night I went to a gala with my boyfriend and had a fair amount of adult beverages and got home and ordered a pizza which we didn't finish but reheated and topped with a fried egg and bacon and a good amount of red pepper flakes for breakfast the next morning...I wasn't planning on doing anything physical the whole day so I used a lot of flakes....well the bf says he's going on a run about an hour after breakfast and since the weather was so nice out I decided I'd join him despite feeling the red pepper flakes start to react in my belly.

I've always been sensitive when it comes to eating before running. I usually wait at least 2 hours before going running after eating...I find if I do it sooner and haven't digested nature calls once I begin to run. So I tried to use the bathroom before we hit the pavement but alas I didn't really have to go at the time. About a mile in things started to go south and I could feel my stomach burning. I told the bf I had to call it quits and headed home while he continued. On my way home I decided to stop at a Safeway do my business and hopefully continue my run...I did all that but yet the stomach was not cooperating and I ended up at a total of 2 miles. 

Anyone else experience these sort of issues? My bf had no problems despite having the same meal as me at the same time and he said he's never had such issues. Many times I've tried walking my dog before a morning run so I could get my business done but don't get the urge until I'm about a mile into my run. Do I need to get up earlier? I've heard drinking coffe helps things love along but then I have other issues. It seems like my best option is after work runs but once it's summer these won't be pleasent 

No comments:

Post a Comment