Thursday, February 28, 2019

Hello It's Been A While....2019 Race Preview

So it's been a while since I last posted....

This past year I ran a few races but not as many as I had in previous years. I completed three halves, attempted two 50Ks, and completed my 4th marathon. My I ran more miles than 2017 but overall wasn't really feeling my running. Fast forward to December 2018 and things are getting more serious with my boyfriend of a year+ who is a crazy runner and come January 2019 I have a new spark for running. It could be the colder weather or getting competitive with my BF to see who can get more miles in....he always does but I still try to catch up on our Strava annual mileage....but what I do know is that in about a week I will once again be attempting to finish my 2nd 50K race and have already signed up for 3 marathons and a road 50K for 2019 and have been combing the internet for more races so I can do 50 marathons 50 states!

Given this rekindling of my love of running I've decided to pick back up on my blogging. I plan on doing a lot of races this year most of which will be out of town (I live in the DC area) and I also plan to stop by and check out the local brewery and food scenes as part of my travel so stay tuned for race recaps as well as food and brewery reviews!

Races I'm signed up for this year:

-March 2nd: #FITDC Herstory 5K (Washington, DC)
-March 9th: Bel Monte 50K  (Lyndhurst, VA)
-March 17th: Pacers St. Patrick's Day Double (Washington, DC)
-Every Friday Evening in April: Pacers Crystal City 5K Fridays (Arlington, VA)
-May 26th: The Vermont City Marathon (Burlington, VT)
-September 29th: BMW Berlin Marathon (Berlin, Germany)
-October 19th: Baltimore Running Festival Marathon (Baltimore, MD)
-October 27th: The First Ever MCM50K (Arlington, VA)

No comments:

Post a Comment